Dark Chocolate Muddy Buddies are a delicious no bake dessert, also called puppy chow. Crunchy cereal is covered with chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar.
This dessert can be eaten year round, but I love the dark chocolate and peanut butter combination for Christmas. This is a great no bake Christmas dessert recipe.
Dark Chocolate Muddy Buddies Ingredients
To make this chocolate and peanut butter puppy chow recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe below for exact amounts):
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter, smooth
- Rice Chex cereal
- Powdered Sugar
- Heath Toffee Bits
- Peanut Butter Chips
How to Make Dark Chocolate Muddy Buddies
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter. Put the 1 cup of dark chocolate chips and the peanut butter into a microwave safe container, stir after each 30 second burst, until ingredients are smooth.
- Mix in the cereal. Pour the melted peanut butter and chocolate mix over the cereal, stirring to combine until all of the cereal is coated.
- Add powdered sugar. Pour about half of the powdered sugar over the mixture, stirring to combine. Slowly add more and more of the powdered sugar until all of the cereal is coated evenly in chocolate and sugar.
- Let the muddy buddies cool. Add the heath toffee bits and stir to combine. Pour mixture over a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper to set, about 30 minutes.
- Finish and serve. Sprinkle remaining dark chocolate chips and peanut butter chips over the coated cereal, mixing to combine.
You can store the muddy buddies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Can I Eat These Warm or Cold?
Either! I love to steal some while they are still on the cookie sheet, warm and gooey. They are just as good right out of the fridge (definitely a little less messy).