Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is the perfect cold side dish recipe for summer. This pasta salad will be a crowd pleaser and can even be served as a main course.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad Ingredients
To make this chicken back ranch side dish recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Rotini Pasta: I like to use the tri-color pasta
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Green Onion
- Chicken: You can use almost any kind of chicken in this recipe. I like to use up whatever I have at the house whether it’s fried chicken tenders, leftover rotisserie chicken, or roasted whole chicken. I just cut it into bite size pieces and we’re good to go!
- Bacon: You can use any bacon you like. I like to use center cut, but you can use thick cut. Cook it on the stove or you can cook bacon in the oven.
- Cheddar Cheese: I like to use the already cubed cheese that you can buy in the store to save time, but if you have a block of cheese or prefer a different variety, you can certainly use that and just cut it into cubes for this recipe.
- Mayonnaise: You can use light mayo.
- Sour Cream: You can substitute light sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Ranch Seasoning
- Ground Black Pepper
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Side Dish
- Bring about 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Cook the pasta for about 7-8 minutes, or until it is cooked al dente.
- Drain the pasta and rinse it in cold water before transferring to a large bowl.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, green onions, cooked chicken, bacon, and cheddar cheese, stirring to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch seasoning, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to coat before serving.
You can serve this as soon as you’ve made it, or you can serve it chilled.
Pasta salad is great for serving at parties, barbecues, potlucks, and funerals.
You can store any leftover pasta salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.