These Champagne Cupcakes perfect for New Year’s Eve are made with real champagne! Even though I prefer to go to bed early, I love New Year’s parties. They are so full of anticipation and hope for the new year.
This New Year’s cupcake recipe is very easy – you just add champagne to the cupcake mix with the rest of the wet ingredients and voilà! These sweet cupcakes are delicious! If you are looking for kid-friendly cupcakes, try these New Years Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes.
This post contains affiliate links.
Champagne Cupcakes Ingredients
Champagne cupcakes do not have a lot of ingredients and some can already be found in your kitchen. They are just like regular cupcakes, but with an adult twist. You’ll need to stop at a liquor store for pink champagne.
The ingredients for champagne cupcakes are:
- Betty Crocker Super Moist White Cake Mix
- Pink Champagne (Rosé)
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme White Frosting
- Gold and Silver Sprinkles: Wilton offers this gold sprinkles and cupcake liners kit perfect for this recipe.
Tools Needed to Make These Cupcakes
To make this recipe, you will need the following tools:
- Piping Bag and 1M Icing Tip [This 12-piece set is great for beginners and baking at home.]
- Cupcake Liners
- Cupcake Tin
- Hand mixer or stand mixer [A basic hand mixer will get the job done, but I prefer my Kitchen Aid stand mixer.]
How to Make Champagne Cupcakes
Champagne cupcakes are very easy to make. You are basically going to follow the box instructions and add champagne.
- Make the batter. Start by mixing the cake mix, butter, eggs, and champagne. Mix with a mixer on high until well blended.
- Bake cupcakes. Pour mixture into cupcake tin with liners, and bake according to box instructions. Let cool completely.
- Ice the cupcakes. Fill piping bag with white icing and place 1M tip on the end. Start in the middle and work your way out and up with icing.
- Apply sprinkles. Your champagne cupcakes are ready to serve! They will look so pretty served along side a glass of sparkling pink champagne.
Pink Champagne vs. White Champagne
I thought champagne only came in one color – white. But apparently there is such a thing as pink champagne, more commonly known as Rosé Champagne.
Pink champagne can have a different flavor than white champagne, but like any bubbly, flavor varies depending on the maker and the grapes. The unique color is derived from the way it is made. It is also a bit more expensive than white champagne.
Specifically for this champagne cupcakes recipe, you want a sweeter, fruity pink champagne, and not a nutty or musty white champagne.
Thursday 27th of December 2018
Hi Emily, you have shared amazing idea of champagne cupcake. I heard for first time. I really like the recipe you have given. Thank you so much.
New Years Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes | New Years Cupcake Recipe
Wednesday 5th of December 2018
[…] I’d rather host a small party at my home for New Year’s than attempt to go out to a crowded bar. But that is just my nature and I love to host. These New Year’s Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for your New Year’s Eve Party! They are certainly impressive and creative. You get multiple treats in one! If you are looking for a more “adult” cupcake, try these Champagne Cupcakes. […]